First day of school

School began on August 13th, 2012. With a much smaller house than we lived in last year (that's another story) and 2 new students, I wondered how everything would work out. I know that plenty of families have way more children and manage in homes of all sizes, so I wasn't worried. I was just curious to see how it would all come together. The kids did a great job. Of course, things have changed in the first few weeks but the smaller space is working out just as I expected. The kids can't get so far away that I can't hear them. I can cook lunch and still hear what's going on and help them as needed. I can sit in one room to work with the girls and still know whether the boys have lost all focus (of course, that never happens). :)

Here are the first day of school pics for 2012-13:





 Al during independent work.















Rae during independent work.







 And you can see how close they actually are. :)



The boys during independent work. They are all working on something by themselves, they're just sitting really close for some reason. 











Everyone during History/Bible/Geography. The 2 on the floor are not asleep but they sure look like it. :)

Comments