Unofficial camp out...

Our first field trip of the year required us to drive to Ft. Worth, which is about 62 miles from where we live. It just so happens that every Thursday I have to drive Rae to another town that is more than half-way to Ft. Worth and our field trip was going to be on a Friday. It also happens that my parents live just north of Ft. Worth, only about 11 miles from where we were going. Of course, these details all came together to form a crazy idea in my mind.
Instead of taking Rae on Thursday night and coming home, I'd just take them all with me. Then, we'd pitch a tent in my parents yard for a fun little camp out. That would save me gas and time in the car. The idea became reality and we all loaded up that Thursday to go to Ft. Worth.
God used that little trip to throw in an added benefit. The kids were able to help my father with some work around the yard that needed to be done. 


(Sorry it won't rotate this pic for some reason and I didn't want to leave B out)


Comments