a bit frustrated!

Today I'm more frustrated than usual with the fallen state of our world. When I see my students and their behavior, I realize just how lost people are. Don't get me wrong, they're not all at the same level. Some of them are respectful of themselves and of others, even if they are lost to the Truth. Some of them are free in Christ. Unfortunately, the majority of them are lost and have no idea that life doesn't have to be about sex, drugs, alcohol, stealing, "scoring," or any other negative behavior.

Today, my frustration was brought to another level because this evening I discovered that someone stole all the money I had in my purse during school. Today was out of the ordinary because of TAKS testing. My class room was used for testing, so I had to float from room to room, holding class where ever someone else had an available room. This meant that I had no place to lock up my belongings. I do know which class period the money was taken because of some key events of the day. 

Fortunately, it wasn't as much money as it could have been. Over the weekend, we received a few cash donations for Uganda. Saturday evening I put 2 of them in a special place that we keep the money until we submit the donation. I would have been even more upset if all that money had been taken.

Anyway, I pray for the student(s) that took the money. Fortunately, I know myself well enough to know that I won't treat them any differently because of this offense. I know this is really a minor thing in the grand scheme of life, but it is just so frustrating and disheartening. Part of me wants to say, "Come Lord Jesus, end the suffering and evil of this world;" but the other part of me says, "No, Lord, we need more time. Too many will perish." 

Friends, let us show the love of Jesus and share the Gospel with all whom we can. As I said, too many will perish no matter when the Lord comes but we must do our part. We must answer the great commission and accept our role in God's plan of redemption. He gave us the task of sharing His message. It wasn't a side note asking us to share when we get the chance or when we have time; it is our mission for life. We are all supposed to be full time missionaries.

Comments