random thoughts on time passing

Everyone says that we all have the same 24 hours in a day. Obviously that has to be true. But do you notice that as you get older (or busier) your 24 hours just seems to go by so much faster? and yet at other times, I feel like I have no realization of how time is moving.
Today I began taking down some of the decorations in my classroom because we only have 5 days of school left. I don't know if I'm going back next year but, even if I did, they would need to be redone. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that I was hanging those decorations. Of course, in other ways, it seems like forever ago. It was actually February 2nd, so that's just short of 4 months. 
We leave for Uganda in 11 days. For most of the year we look forward to returning and it feels like so far away, but then it sneaks up on us.
I guess I'm just at an odd place with my thoughts. I appreciate every moment that we have here on Earth. I look forward to the future when we're in Heaven with the Lord. I don't look forward to all of the prophecy that has to come true before that happens, but it is as it shall be. Who knows when that time will come. Until then, I look forward to every day with my family and friends and every day that I get to serve the Lord. I am grateful for all those in my life.

Comments