a wonderful weekend!

This weekend was the women's retreat for our church. I was asked to help with the skits that would accompany the speakers sessions, so we had a few practices beforehand. We were very nervous on how they would turn out, but everything turned out wonderful! It was such a blast and I made a new friend and got to know some old friends even better. The whole retreat was a good time. I met so many new people this year and reconnected with women that I hadn't seen in quite some time.

The Lord revealed a few specific things that I need to focus on, so I'll be doing that. I'm just glad he is so kind and loving to just point out a few things at once, as I'm sure there are many. :)

I did fall in love with a worship song by Meredith Andrews that was new to me. Click here to give it a listen. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Here's the chorus, for those of you that aren't in a place that you can stream a video:

After all You are constant 
After all You are only good 
After all You are sovereign 
Not for a moment will You forsake me 
Not for a moment will You forsake me 


Once again, I'm grateful for all that God allows me to experience and for those people who can put their thoughts into words so eloquently. So many times I hear a song and think, "Yea, that's what I was thinking/trying to say." It is a gift that I so greatly appreciate. 

Oddly enough, as I'm typing this, Floyd has started rehearsing the songs that he'll be including in next Sunday's church service. 

Living He loved me, dying He saved me, 
Buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day

That's the chorus of what I'm hearing right now, followed by You Are the One. LOVE IT!! What a blessing to hear my husband worship so frequently. 





Comments