an exciting week!

If you read my last post, you know about the beautiful necklace that I received in the mail early in the week. I absolutely love it and the song that was shared with me!

As if that was not more than enough, I received another surprising gift on Sunday. A few weeks ago we had our women's retreat for Christ Fellowship. Each cabin holds a small group of women and one of them volunteers to be the cabin host. The cabin host of one cabin made really cute baseball caps for all the ladies. One of those ladies is a good friend of mine and I had a little conversation with her about the hat on Friday evening. On Saturday, as I walked back to the main building to prepare for my job as the zipline coordinator, I saw another friend sitting on the porch. I went over to chat briefly. In the conversation something was said that brought up Uganda. A second person had been sitting on the porch and when she heard the mention of Uganda, she joined the conversation. I learned that she is in life group with a mutual friend who had shared about our family moving to Uganda. When I learned her name, I realized she must be the lady who made the hats. I told her that they were absolutely adorable. I mentioned that my friend had offered to give me hers to take with us to Uganda but that I could not accept. I said, "I figured I'd just have to find the person who made them and see if I could order one for me and my daughter." I went on about my task and we didn't really talk again. However, this Sunday at church I was informed that someone had dropped off a gift for me. Wouldn't you know, it was 2 hats, one for me and one for my daughter! How amazing! I cannot believe she remembered my fondness of the hats and then even went so far as to make them for us. I feel so blessed and loved due to the generosity of 2 women that I barely know!

We also heard this week that the name of the ministry is nearing completion. The leadership team at our partner church, Victory Living Word, have reached a decision and will now go through the process of determining if the name is available to be registered. Hopefully we'll be able to reveal it soon!

And finally, one last exciting announcement for the week. The account for raising funds for the first missionary house on the property (the one we will be living in) has been created! You can now go online and make donations towards the building fund. This fund is separate from our support funds that will be needed on an ongoing basis, rather it is specifically to build the house. You can give by check or credit/debit card at www.bit.ly/UgandaHouse  

(Just FYI, it is my understanding that using an electronic check has a lower processing fee for the church than using a credit/debit card, so keep that in mind if it makes no difference on your end.)

Please also check out our updated prayer needs by clicking the Prayer Needs tab above.

If you were planning to participate in our gift card fundraiser, the first order is due this week. Our final order this year will be due December 4th.

Comments