How is it already the middle of March?

Today pretty much marks the end of Spring Break for 2014 and marks the half-way point of March. I have mixed emotions about that. On one side, being this far into March means that the school year is nearly over. While I see the Lord providing so many opportunities for me to minister to my students, I also very much miss being home to work with my children on their home school assignments and going through life with them. While I was a working mom for most of their life, I wish I had stayed home. I never realized how much I'd love it and, after going back to work for a year, I miss it even more than I expected. I do feel that this adventure in teaching this year was for a good purpose and exactly what I needed to do, I definitely look forward to being back with my kids.

On the other side, it just seems that time is passing by more quickly in general. I always heard people say that time moves faster as you get older and I definitely feel like that is true! As we work on preparation for moving to Uganda and all that it entails, it seems that time is passing by so fast. We don't have an exact idea of when we'll finally be on the ground, but there is a lot emotion and preparation.
In preparing for a major life change and raising teenagers, I am frequently reminded that time is not on our side. We do our best to cherish each day and not let the urgent over shadow the priorities, but we will always feel that we could do better. :)

Enjoy your day friends, even this day of rain. The earth needs the rain and it is a great reminder to stay home and enjoy life together. Or go outside and remember what it's like to be a kid. Soaking wet is not the worst condition to be in!




Comments