Ten days remain...

I am excited to get on a plane once again bound for Uganda. (Just to clarify, this is only a 2 week trip, we aren't moving yet.) This will be Floyd's 3rd trip this calendar year, and 4th trip in the last twelve months, while I haven't been back since we returned to Texas last August. I am looking forward to seeing my friends at Victory church. I'm looking forward to seeing our house and the construction progress on the school. I love the pictures and video, but I can't wait to see it in person. When I was there last summer, no part of the school was even standing and we didn't even know for sure that we'd have a house, and, if so, when that would happen or where it would be. Now, it's almost finished! What a difference a year makes!

I promise that I won't count down each day on here, but I'm very excited! We have so much to do in these 10 days.  The biggest and most special event is that Floyd's youngest brother is getting married next Saturday, the 20th, so we're looking forward to being with family to celebrate.
Of course, our visit will be short because we have to get back for Sunday's service, as Floyd is passing the baton to the new worship leader at Christ Fellowship Preston. That will be exciting.

This Sunday will also be exciting as the church celebrates it's 3rd anniversary with a potluck and celebration after service.

We're getting Raegan registered for the PSAT, which she'll take the Saturday after we get back into town. I'm sure she'll do great.

Raegan and I are going for a campus visit at Global Institute for Applied Linguistics. That should be really awesome. We get to attend chapel, sit in on classes, eat lunch with the students, take a tour of the campus, and learn about the ins and outs of their programs. (Raegan is looking forward to studying Linguistics when she goes to University - yes, we know that's a while away, but there's no harm in getting info while we're still here and, either way, it's absolutely fascinating!)

The whole family will be visiting Pioneer Bible Translators next week as well. We'll get to attend the morning corporate prayer session, chapel, and learn about various aspects of the ministry. Of course, Raegan's interest in Linguistics ties into Bible translation, but the boys are interested in learning about other areas of skill that serve the ministry (like mechanics, IT, computer hardware, etc.) You might be surprised if you really looked at all the background aspects that go into bringing God's word to the unreached.

Anyway, those are just our main highlights of the next 10 days. I'm afraid it will pass way too quickly. I do want to soak in and enjoy every moment. :)

Comments