the little details

This post is actually past due, but I haven't had much time on the computer recently. As you may recall, our family spent some time near Austin to be with our relatives after the sudden loss of Floyd's sister last month. On our first day there, as I stepped out of the truck, my purse hit the ground. The strap had completely come apart from the bag. With more important things to focus on, I just put it in the console and carried my necessities around (keys, phone, chapstick). 

When we moved out of our house in August, we sold just about everything in our garage sale, including my small collection of purses. I kept telling myself that I needed to buy something, but never got around to it. Sure enough, just 3 days after we got home I got a random text from a friend. There was a picture attached and it said something along these lines:

I have a Vera Bradley bag that I've been planning to sell, but every time 
I look at, I think that it would be perfect for you to use in Uganda. So, can I give it to you?
To which I responded, "normally I'd say you should definitely sell it, but I actually have been meaning to find a purse at Walmart or somewhere because mine suddenly fell apart, so if you're sure, I'll be glad to accept it."

And she brought it to church with her the next Wednesday evening.


Now, that seems like a very random story with no point, but for me it was a reminder that God is in the details. My friend had no idea that my purse had broken. I hadn't mentioned it to anyone because it wasn't important enough to come up. But the Lord knew that I needed to replace my bag and my friend had one to give away, so he connected those dots for us. 


So, next time you have a random feeling that you should do something (like give something to someone or call someone or whatever it may be), just do it. It may not be so "random" after all. :)


And, if you're reading this, dear friend, Thank you very much for thinking of me and following through! It is a great bag that holds way more than any I've had before (books, paper, just whatever I might want to take along somewhere)! 

Comments