So thankful...

My birthday was just a few days ago and I wanted to post to thank everyone for their well wishes and kind thoughts, but time passes so quickly that I'm just now getting to sit down at the computer for a minute. After all the great messages on Facebook and greetings from people that I saw all day long, I was surprised twice that evening. 
I prepared dinner at home for our family and the Russells. It was a new recipe that I wanted to try and everyone was so patient to wait for it to be ready and kind enough to give it a try. Before we left the table, Barbara went to the kitchen saying she's be right back. She came back with a big surprise. She had previously asked me what my favorite cake was and I couldn't decide. I mentioned that I really like lemon and chocolate but that I like to try new things. She had the best idea. She re-appeared from the kitchen with two plates with a variety bundtinis from Nothing Bundt Cakes. They were all cut into 4ths, so we could try all
the flavors. They sang and I blew out the candle. It was great!

We had to rush out of the house after this celebration because we had life group. About half-way through our study, the youngest member of our life group family was heading to bed, but she just couldn't go to bed without singing happy birthday to me. So, we paused the study and everyone sang. It was so sweet! Then, after nearly two hours of studying Jude, I got another surprise. One person went to the kitchen and came back carrying a huge chocolate chip cookie cake. Another family had brought a couple gallons of milk. It was another great surprise! 

Thanks to all of you for making my last birthday here in the states so memorable!

Comments