15 days and counting...

So, we leave in just over 2 weeks and it seems like we're already in the mad rush to get everything done. Today was a little different because my focus was not on Uganda (at least not directly). I was making desserts for our life group dessert exchange. We've always done it for Christmas, but this year we all decided to put it after the new year to avoid adding one more thing to the list for everyone to do before Christmas.

I didn't count, but I made somewhere between 150-200 cake balls today. It just so happens that each person wanted to take cake balls, but each one a different kind. So as not to spoil it for our life group friends, I won't tell what they are just yet, but they seem to have all turned out good.

This evening Raegan and I went to dinner with some girl friends. It just so happens that every person at the table has been to Uganda multiple times, and we've actually all been there together. It was an impromptu thing that came up because we had planned to have lunch earlier in the week and it fell through. So, as we all sat and chatted, we noticed something familiar on the menu: samosas!!!

Samosas are one of my absolute favorite foods served in Uganda. Imagine a pocket of beef or vegetables wrapped in a flaky crust; sort of thin, like a wanton, but not exactly the same. I can't exactly describe them but I have enjoyed them since my very first visit to Uganda.

So, there must be a little irony that now, only 15 days before I move to Uganda, I discover this lovely little delicacy right here in the USA, and at The Cheesecake Factory of all places. Not only did they do an excellent job getting this item correct, it is also inexpensive (compared to other things at The Cheesecake Factory). 

So, if you ever find yourself at Cheesecake Factory, order the Chicken Samosas and think of me. :)

Edit: January 5
This morning I found a picture of my first samosa in Uganda!
They were smaller at The Cheesecake Factory, but still good!

Comments