(10) Our first holiday in Uganda, Valentine’s Day.

Saturday was Valentine’s Day and it was celebrated here with red and black, and flowers, and hearts, just like in America. We celebrated by heading into town to pick up our furniture. When we commissioned it two weeks ago, we didn't really think about pick up day being on Valentine’s, but it turned out to be a special gift.

When we arrived, later than scheduled, we found several things not done. Cushions were still being sewn by seamstresses, tables were still being sanded and stained, etc. We waited for almost 2 hours. At least the finished items could be loaded while we waited for others. Eventually, we got everything and were headed home. We’re still working on getting everything in place, but our house is more like a home now.
Raegan's on top while I bunk with her.

And Tyler's on top while Floyd bunks with the boys.

A bit of the mess was back, but we've almost gotten it all straightened out again!

Remember my excitement in finding a carpenter to build the type of furniture I wanted? Well here are the chairs and one sofa. I didn't see the fabric ahead of time. I just had to choose from stripes, circles, or animal print. I chose circles and I'm so glad I did. I LOVE it!!


Comments