So proud of our students!

This term I have implemented a scripture memory program in the primary school. Every Monday after school we have an assembly and I introduce the verse of the week. I post it on the wall of each classroom and they practice all week. On Friday, Raegan and I spend the last 2 hours of the day "testing" each child. Two at a time they come from their class and tell us the memory verse. Some weeks they get a prize (like bubble gum, shortbread cookies, etc,) and other weeks they just get a sticker. I don't want them to memorize just for the prize or think that they will always get a tangible prize.

So far, they have done a great job! We're on the third week and I'm already proud of their progress, from the Primary 1 students all the way up to Primary 5. At the end of the term we're going to have a celebration for the whole school. We'll probably have popcorn and juice (if I can get a popcorn machine by then. I've made it for the boarding students just using my stove top, but for nearly 100 people that would take a really LONG time and I have heard the machine like we have at movie theaters in the states is less than $200 here.) Anyway, each child will get a certificate saying how many verses they memorized. My understanding is that certificates are rare around here so the children will love it and be so excited to show their parents. Also, the parents will appreciate seeing the progress of their child.
These are the charts I hung in each class so the children can see their progress. It adds to the excitement!

Comments