When you get a glimpse of the fruit...

You may recall a post from earlier this year (February 23 to be exact), when I posted about sharing the gospel and praying with a woman on the street in Kapeeka. Her situation was bad and the story is pretty detailed, so feel free to jump here and read it real quick.

Well, that was months ago and it's very common that after you share the gospel with someone in another town, you don't find out what happens next. Well, I have been meaning to post this for the last 6 weeks but just haven't had time. Today was so crazy and I feel so blessed to still be here, so I want to take the time to post these quick stories (here's what happened today)

So, back in the second week of September, we were at home in Uganda busily preparing for a visit to the US and school resuming. This particular day we were heading to the city for some food supplies for the school because classes resumed the following Monday. As I walked out of the house to get in the car, an older woman came walking up to me. At this moment, I did not recognize her and thought it was someone I had not met. She began speaking to me in Luganda and I just quickly told her that I only knew a little Luganda. I led her over to the dormitories to have Madame Grace translate for me.

Now, I still couldn't understand what she was saying, but as she talked to Madame Grace and I waited, I suddenly gathered enough details to know who she was. This was the woman that we had met that day on the street - Maria. She had asked around and found her way to our home. She wanted to let us know that she was doing fine and still going to church. She is HIV positive but she's been getting treatment for it, which is a big blessing. Also, she wanted to know if her grandchild could come to our school.

The grandchild is too young for our school, because we don't have a nursery school (preschool). Fortunately, Madame Grace told her of a good preschool in a village near Kapeeka that is not too expensive. We also told her that when the child is 6, she can bring them for primary school.

We are so grateful that God allowed us to see the fruit that we had a small part in producing! What a blessing.

Comments