Too much to contain...

As the school year wound down the last two weeks, I was taking a lot of pictures. Here in Uganda they don't have school pictures, but I think it is great to document who is in the class, what they look like, and all the detail you get from a simple photo. Not to mention, now that we're starting a sponsorship program, a photo of each child is necessary.
I took individual pictures last week and I had to go through them to put the name on each one and make sure they turned out well. As I went through these photos, my eyes welled with tears. I recall the beginning of the school year, so many months ago. I had to try SOOOOO hard to get them to smile. They were nervous and unsure about everything, not to mention that they weren't used to having their picture taken.
Now, this time, they were calm and full of joy. I had to tell them to wait their turn as they yelled out, "me, Auntie, photo me!" Just look at these faces...








This post could be the longest in history because I've got nearly 100 beautiful faces I could share with you, but WiFi is limited and so is time. At least you got a glimpse at beauty today.

So, if they can smile with so much joy even though they live without running water or a flushing toilet, what perspective do you need to change in order to share the same joy?




Comments