Demons (Part 2)

Fast forward to Monday, April 25. A different boy, we’ll call him boy #2, wakes up and is very distraught. He’s saying that he had a horrible dream. The dream was about his mom and in the dream she died. He cannot be consoled and is certain that his mom is dead. We call home and the dad answers. We tell the dad that boy#2 must speak to the mom. The dad calls back in a short while with the mom present. She gets on the phone to talk to him. He’s crying, saying, “mom, you were dead. You died.” Of course, she’s saying, “no, I’m fine, you’re talking to me” and so on. Finally, he calms down and accepts that she’s fine. 

It seems that everything is normal. Two days later, girl #1 passes out, followed by boy #1, and then boy #2 passes out for the first time. There is no sign of any other problem. They are all just “sleeping”.

Next jump a week and a half to last Friday, May 6. The kids are all in the dorms and the adults are all doing whatever random things they want. It’s after supper, so around 8pm. A different little girl, call her girl #2, had stomach pain, so she’s laying down. Suddenly, she starts crying and screaming, “Help, Don’t let them take me! They’re coming for me!” and then passes out.

The teachers gather to pray for her. Tyler is in the boy’s dorm playing worship songs on his guitar and comes to tell us that someone has passed out but he doesn’t know who. I am about to go down when Madame Grace comes to the door. She tells me that girl#2 is now awake but lying in bed and boy#1 is now passed out. I tell Floyd and head down. I get there and boy#1 is on the floor with many adults around him praying.

I go check girl #2 and just the sight of her floods my eyes with tears. She’s sitting in her bed, slightly shivering, and visibly scared. I ask her how she feels and give her a big hug. She tells me she is okay and I just hug her and encourage her for a few minutes. Then I go back to boy #1.

We are all praying and now the demon is manifesting himself again. He literally lets out the worst evil sounding laugh you can imagine. He is kicking and fighting but we’re holding him down. We’re praying over the boy and Floyd is praying over the room. Now, Floyd comes down over the boy and is talking to him. The demon is grinding the teeth, growling, and other things. We pray over the boy for a good amount of time – probably 45 minutes. All the other children are gathered in front of the dorm praying and singing worship songs. The demon speaks to us and tells us “I’m going.” Of course, we cheer and pray. Boy #1 wakes up and we pray with him.

Immediately, someone comes to tell us that Girl #1 is screaming and crying. We go to that dorm and find her on the floor. She’s screaming, not a high pitch scream but a guttural, grieving type scream, and crying. She won’t talk to us and fights if you touch her. We can’t tell if she’s just scared or if she’s actually not aware of her surroundings. We decide to start praying and Floyd turns her over. We see that her mouth is full of foamy saliva and she’s fighting him. He starts praying as he’s hugging her and then she just goes limp on the floor. Now she seems passed out. We pray with her for a bit and Floyd asks another teacher to step in to give him a break for a minute. I’m outside with little Edgar in my arms, who had fallen asleep. The other children are all still praying and singing. The teacher that took over Floyd tells us that the demon is gone. We carry her to bed.

Everyone gathers outside in a circle and we pray together. We encourage the children not to fear. It’s now 10:15pm and they have end of term exams in the morning. The kids go into the dorms for bed, we go home, and the other staff head to their housing. The five Stanleys are sitting around the table discussing the craziness of the night and opening a cold soda. Suddenly we hear screaming from the dorms. I’m the first one out the door and I see kids running from the dorm rooms.

I head down to the dorm with the others following (and soon passing), and see the other staff turning back as well. As I get to the first building, a boy tells me that it is boy #2 (the one with the dream that you haven’t read much about). We go inside and two of our male staff and Tyler already have him in their grasps. His face is clearly angry and he’s fighting with all his strength. Again, we start praying but this time it’s pretty quick to relent. One of the boys is trying to tell me something but I can’t hear him. As boy#2 wakes up, Floyd is talking to him, so I walk away to ask the other boy what he was telling me.

Apparently, they were all getting in bed, but the light was still on. Boy #2 was sitting on the floor under the window. The matron told him to go to bed. He stood up, stomped his feet and made some physical motions to show his anger. Then he marched toward the other wall where the water filter is kept. He picked up a cup and threw it across the room. Then he went to a few different boys pointing at them, as if he was going to hurt them or something. This is when they started to run and scream.

That night finally ended and we all went to bed. The next day the kids took their exams and everything seemed fine. The day passed and Sunday came. Now, Sunday afternoon we’ve had church and breakfast, and everyone is about their activities. I’m sitting at the table and someone knocks on the door rather rapidly. As I walked to the door, I notice more and more kids running up. I open the door and they all start talking at once. I hear boy #1’s name and I know somethings wrong but they’re all talking at once. I do understand that he’s chasing people but acting more as an animal than a boy. I call Floyd and head outside. I see children running and then men as well but I can’t see boy #1. I’m telling the kids to go to the dorms and Floyd and I are heading toward the screams. Troy comes up saying, “he’s lost it; he’s got a stick”. By the time we get close, boy #1 is captured. The grounds keeper had been out working a particular part of the property. He saw the chaos and then saw the boy hiding in the tall brush, so he tackled him. Fortunately, the night guard, Tyler, and another were nearby, so they helped the grounds keeper from losing him.

Interestingly, as soon as he gets under your control, he passes out. They carry him to the dorm. Children are telling me what happened. He had begun to chase them with a large stick. One boy actually got hit. In the dorm, we’re there praying for the boy. This time, the demon is mad. He’s kicking and fighting. This time he also gave us his name. After some time, the same thing as usual happened. The demon stopped fighting and the boy woke up. Since it was taking a really long time and we didn’t want a repeat of Friday night, we had the other 3 children come together where we could see them. We told them to pray and they did. Again, when it was over, we gathered together to pray.


Floyd took the 4 kids to the house and went through a detailed Gospel presentation just to be sure they understood. They had all previously said they believed in Jesus, but we didn’t know their background. At that time, they all said they believed and Floyd prayed with them.  For the final part, read here

Comments