Demons (part 3)

Now, it’s today, Monday, May 9, 2016. The entire school is taking exams. The day is going really well. I’m finishing up sponsorship stuff and thinking I’ll get it all done today. After lunch, I’m working away at the computer, our kids are doing their school work, and Floyd’s working in the home office. Suddenly, there are screams coming from the school. I run to the door, again with others right behind me, and I see children pouring out of one specific classroom. Some are already nearing the path to our house.

As I’m running over, two boys are near and I ask what’s wrong but they won’t speak. I call one by name and say, “speak – what is wrong”. He tells me that boy #1 took rocks into a classroom. Apparently the demon had manifested, left the classroom, and came back with huge rocks (actually full fist size chunks of broken up concrete). He had thrown one across the classroom and came back with more. Even teachers are running away. Our one male teacher is outside the classroom, clearly contemplating what to do. Floyd gets there before me because I’ve got kids running straight to me and wrapping their arms around my waist and legs. I tell them all to go to the other building and continue towards the problem.

As I get there, I’m thinking that we’re going to have to go in – someone might get hit, but he can’t hit everyone. Instantly Floyd was in action. He went square in the door and yelled at the demon. The demon had two rocks and he threw the first one straight at Floyd. Fortunately, it had too much weight and his aim wasn’t perfect. It came to Floyd’s legs and he was able to swing the metal barred door in front of him. It bounced off a metal bar. Floyd looked up at him again and opened the metal barred door. He said, “Throw it. I’m not afraid of you! I’m not afraid of that stone! Throw it!” As he said these words, he continued to step into the room. I admit, I had mixed emotions. What if he got hit in the head? But we had to do something. I told Tyler, “While dad’s talking to him, if we all go in and down the wall, someone can get him from behind. He only has one rock, so he can’t get more than one of us.” As Floyd continued to step closer and closer, the demon didn’t throw the rock but he acted like he was going to a few times. I’m telling you, I think Floyd was within 5 feet of him. Finally, the male teacher had gotten close enough and acted quickly to jump on him from the side. He was clinching that rock so hard that when they tried to get it from his grip, it broke.

Now, as I had made my way to the room, I had asked a teacher if anyone had been hit and she told me one girl had but that she was at the school office. Silly me, I assumed someone was helping her. We had the boy on a desk holding him down and praying, then he passed out. I told Floyd to carry him to a dorm so the other kids could get back to their exams. As they carried him to the dorms, I asked again if anyone was hurt. At that point, someone told me, “you go and help her” and pointed toward the school office. They said the girl standing there was hurt. As I rushed toward her, I began to see that she was struggling to stand there. When I got close, I saw that blood was just running from her mouth. Fortunately, Troy came up about the same time because he had seen her and I told him to help me. I picked her up and carried her to our house (not the best decision because she is a P4 student and as tall as me, but I made it). I got her on the couch with a towel. I gave her some water and told her to swish and spit in a bowl so I could see more of the problem.

Of course, I put on rubber gloves and then took a look. Apparently, when the kids were running from the classroom, she was bumped by someone else. When they bumped her, she tripped on the lower door latch and fell. She would have gone off the verandah, but there was a concrete column in her path. She went face first into the column, really more like mouth first. I literally had to use cotton swabs to carefully clean small pieces of the column paint out of her gums. The skin on her lip was torn off, as well as a lot of the gum tissue over her top and bottom front teeth. She would take a sip of water and spit into the bowl I gave her. Eventually, after I got her mostly cleaned up, she laid on the couch resting and just leaned over to spit out the blood every so often. Then I’d have to use the cotton balls to wipe her mouth because it just didn’t stop.

I sent Troy to check on Floyd. They were still battling with the demon. He had told them his name again twice, and he was responding to them. He was putting up quite a fight. I wanted to go help in the prayer effort but I couldn’t leave this girl. After about an hour, she told me that she wanted to go down to her class. I think the pain meds had finally started to kick in some.

I took her down and then went to check on Floyd. Boy #1 had woken up. This time it was different. Floyd had commanded him many times to do certain things and he obeyed. Now, Floyd was explaining in some detail that Jesus had already had victory on the cross. Because of that victory we have victory over demons now. In a very calm voice, Floyd called it by name and said, “Now go”. At that moment, the body of boy#1 arched up and released a very deep, audible exhale. Instantly after the exhale stopped, boy #1 woke up. Floyd said, “___ is it you”, he said yes. Then, “are you okay”, yes. Then, “what do you remember?” he said, “sitting at a desk in class.” Then he and Floyd started praying.

Now, I forgot to mention that at about 12:20 this afternoon, girl #1 had gone to sleep. She had been in her bed all this time. When Floyd left boy #1, he went to the girls’ dorm to check on her. Now, she had never had any manifestations. She had only gone to sleep for many hours and said that her dead sister was there. Floyd just wanted to know what was going on and figured it was something different. So, he began speaking to her saying “we have authority over you because of the blood of Jesus and you have to obey my command. Now, give me your name.” He asked only a couple of times and she answered. He wasn’t sure what she said, so he asked again, and she repeated. Now, the girl wasn’t giving her own name. He then asked, “Did you say ____” and she nodded her head yes. So, again he began praying and talking to her.

Now, she did wake up, but without any real signs of change. I was gone during most of the time that they were with her. I took the bursar with me to translate and drove home the injured girl and her sisters. I sat talking with the mom and grandmother. Of course, there wasn’t much I could say because I can’t fix the problem. I did leave them a package of Panadol (British Tylenol) because I know the girl will need them, probably for several days. I pray that she doesn’t lose any teeth.
I returned to the house and Tyler came running up to tell me that girl #1 was awake and fine. He started talking and we realized a problem. The name that she had given Floyd when she was unconscious was the name of the dead sister. She told them that when someone is annoying her, the sister comes and says, “Just come with me”. So she does. Then she sits with the sister at her burial site and they talk. Of course, that’s totally creepy.

So, now, we’re hoping that boy #1 is set free because we had never seen the audible exhale and what not. We haven’t had any other incidents with boy#2 or girl#2, so helpfully those are both fine as well. But girl#1 is still totally up in the air. Fortunately, her guardian is a pastor, so when she goes home this weekend, they can still work on this problem and let us know if it continues on the holiday break.
 
So, after all of that, if you think we’re just crazy, I’d love to say that you’re right. I’d love to have some doctor come here and diagnose the problem. But, I’ve seen too much with my own eyes. Even Tyler said, ‘I don’t think anyone could ever convince me that God’s not real, that demons aren’t real, or anything else. Not after what I’ve seen. And that laugh.’ If you think we’re crazy, then go ahead and pray for whatever you think we need, but I have no doubt that if you saw it for yourself, you’d be a believer.

Maybe you think it’s just some sort of mental issue. Maybe it could be “treated” with medication. But for me, that wouldn’t mean anything. Maybe I could put one of the kids to sleep medically or give them a strong medication to mask it over. That doesn’t tell me that it isn’t spiritual. It only tells me that drugs can be powerful. They’ve got witch doctors here that can whip up a concoction for you that will be plenty powerful. I’d need a lot more evidence to prove that it isn’t exactly the sort of thing we read about in the Bible.


Please join us in praying for freedom from spiritual warfare, from demonic influence, and everything else. Pray that we remain diligent in our prayer life and in our daily walk. 

If you missed the first 2 parts, you can read them here.

Comments

  1. Oh my LORD!! Thank you all so much for doing what yall do. I am so thankful for you and will pray against spiritual darkness for yall, the children, their families and the entire area. I love yall and what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are keeping all of you lifted in prayer! Yes, Spiritual Warfare is real! The enemy has demons do his dirty work when God's Kingdom is expanding! He can here the clock ticking and will do everything he can while he has time! But there is Power in the name of Jesus! And that is the name that will have them back off. We are praying a hedge of protection around you, your family, and all of the staff and students there! 1 Peter 5:8-9 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment