A weekend run to KL...

To make a somewhat long story really short, we had been in the country for 2.5 months and our NGO Visa was finally ready. In order to complete the process, we had to leave the country and re-enter. Since the flights were very inexpensive and we'd never been before, we decided to fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was even better that Raegan was in town, so it would be all 5 of us!
I'll tell the rest of the story in pictures & captions. :)
In our taxi from the airport. Sorry for the blur, but it seems fitting.

It rained most of the way and traffic was horrible, but we made it. :)

The view from our room on the 55th floor was amazing!

That tall tower is the Menera Tower and it lights up in many colors at night. 

As silly as it might seem, we had to visit the Hard Rock Cafe.

It's just a fun tradition to see what is the same and what is different in each location. :)

The tower at night. 

In a beautiful park right in the middle of the city. 

All 3 together! 

The boys trying out a camera magnifier that goes on your cell phone. 

Floyd and I in front of the Petronas Twin Towers using the same lense.

Just being silly with the camera and enjoying nature.

We love the natural environment.

Folks, this is a drinking fountain. These fancy things are all through the park. 

This is my kids inside a "bubble lift" in one of the twin towers. Did you catch that? They call it a bubble lift. I love it!

I had to try this local favorite and I'm glad I did. It was delicious!

If you're there at the right time in the evening, they have a fun water fountain display set to music. I love this sort of thing and we had perfect seats!


Me and my favorite person!

And two of our favorite people. Troy was there, but he was down lower and I couldn't get him in the pic. 

Just one more shot of the water. 

Have you ever tried this? I wanted a pic of the twin towers reflected in my glasses. It worked. It's a bit close, but something different. :)

We found this chicken place in the mall. We figured it had to be Church's chicken with a different name. The food was pretty much the same and the logo is too. I took this photo as a fun way to remember. The chicken was great but the biscuits were the main event!
And that was our weekend in Kuala Lumpur. Or at least, the highlights.

Comments