Today was one of those days...

Today was one of those days...not bad all day, but full of little things. A bit of a conundrum really.

I worked half the day and it was great. I felt busy and productive and was glad to be part of something.

Lunch was fabulous. I ate with a table full of Khmer co-workers and we enjoyed conversation in both languages. It was fun to connect with them and a great way to practice all this stuff I'm learning.

Language class was all afternoon and it was fine. We learned some vocab, practiced listening, and learned 4 consonants and 2 vowels in the Khmer script. We're supposed to practice writing it correctly, but also in a more casual style. (see pic) It is kind of fun to feel like you're back in pre-school or kindergarten with the handwriting practice book.

It all sounds great, right?

In between was the chaos.
*my sunglasses broke but I really needed them, so I made do with partial sunglasses tucked into my helmet to help block the sun and flying street debris
*this morning a bug flew into my helmet (I hadn't put the visor down yet). It hit my sunglasses but then got temporarily stuck between my cheek and helmet padding. Fortunately, it fell out as soon as I wiggled my head and I managed to not lose control of my moto. :)
*I tried to use a GPS app to take a "faster" route from work to class and my phone went crazy half way there
*the phone spaz left me a bit lost, but I did find my way. Unfortunately, it just took me way out of my way, so it was not faster.
*the phone thing was a mess for several hours, which meant I could not really communicate. My knight in shining armor (Floyd) did finally determine that my SD card crashed and it was causing my phone to fritz out (basically it was a black screen and unresponsive)
*for some reason my entire body is stiff and sore - I'm guessing that all the weightlifting that Troy and I have been doing together finally caught up to me. I decided to take tonight off from working out
*my getting lost, phone fritz, and after 5pm traffic caused us to be too late for the expat gathering to celebrate 4th of July, so I had a tray of deviled eggs and nothing else for dinner. We missed the fun gathering.

I literally walked into the house and Floyd said, "are you okay?" with a look of concern. My only response was, "I'm done with today" as I held up my broken sunglasses.

So that's the conundrum. A great day in all the ways that it matters but a ton of little frustrations mixed through out.

Comments