Angkor Wat and the International Half Marathon.

Last weekend, Tyler and I went to Siem Reap with his running club for a huge event - 23 rd Annual Angkor Wat International Half Marathon. The course goes through the grounds of the ancient temples of Angkor Wat, so definitely some really cool scenery. I completed the half marathon with my friend Mary and Tyler ran the 10k. Mary agreed to walk the half with me because she wanted to do the longer distance but I knew I couldn't train to run it in the time we had available. We did end up doing some walk/run intervals and I finished. That's all that matters. :)
Back in May, when Raegan was in town, we spent a day doing the temple tour. It is quite expansive, so we didn't see everything, but we made it pretty far. One of the temples was actually the site of the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movie that you might recall from a while back. If you'd like to see pics from the actual temples, you can visit my album here.

Here are a few pictures from this weekend's run/walk.
Visiting the Night Market the night before. 

 

It was an early morning start. 



Mary was able to snap photos along the route. 

Like I said, some beautiful scenery. 

I was glad to avoid this during the route.

Also glad to avoid this. :) 


Mary and I grabbed a tuktuk to take us back to the hotel afterward. 

Here's a little video I captured to help you feel the environment.

And I got a finishers medal. I definitely earned it. :) 

We had a 6 hour bus ride each way. 


Comments